SPORTS THERAPIST OR PHYSIOTHERAPIST – LEAD ROLE
Organisation: Old Albanian RFC
Location: St Albans
Contract type: Fixed Term (Part time)
Closing date: 26 May 2018
This is an exciting role in an established national league team competing in National 2 South.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Sports Therapist or Physiotherapist interested and passionate about working in sport. Ideally this candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably in the field of rugby union.
The candidate must have strong clinical skills, including assessment, treatment and management of MSK injuries, with a sound rehabilitation background.
The key roles and responsibilities within this position are to attend home and away matches (Saturday), and training sessions (Tuesday and Thursday evenings). To deliver first class physiotherapy assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of players.
In addition, the lead Therapist will need to work with outside partners, where appropriate, where the need for scans or operations occurs.
The Lead Therapist will also be required to:
- Assist with the scheduling of injured players as required.
- To proactively manage the recruitment of new staff including students/ interns
- To assist in the learning and development of students/interns
- To manage the ordering of physio equipment and supplies in accordance with the medical budget
- To manage the medical budget in co-ordination with the DOR
This is a key role within a fast paced environment but one that provides a great opportunity for the right candidate.
- Graduate Sports Therapist or Physiotherapist with experience in Rugby Union.
- Candidates will need to have the RFU Pre-Hospital Immediate Care In Sport (ICIS Level 2) qualification to cover matches.
- Candidates will ideally have (or be working towards) the RFU Pre-Hospital Immediate Care In Sport (ICIS Level 3) qualification to cover matches.
- At least 3 years’ post-graduate experience working within sport.
- Current DBS Certificate and professional indemnity insurance.
Intern/Student vacancies for those wishing to gain experience in an elite sporting set up as part of a structured intern programme are also available.
How to apply
Please send CV and application letter to :-
Director of Rugby
Email: [email protected]