Ethos & Objectives
The Old Albanian Colts, encompassing both the u17 & u18 age groups, is a long term commitment to develop young players and make them feel part of the broader Old Albanian Rugby Football Club. In particular we will:
- Provide all players with an equal opportunity to play, to develop and to enjoy themselves. This is equally true whether they want to enjoy a social game of rugby with their mates, or whether they want to develop their rugby to play at the highest level they possibly can.
- Provide a controlled and sustainable pathway for Colts players to have the opportunity to play for OA’s senior teams at the most appropriate level, if and when they wish to do so.
- Provide a more consistent coaching approach and philosophy.
- Strengthen the day-to-day links between the Colts and Seniors.
In order to ensure we provide appropriate playing opportunities for all players, whatever their aspirations and ability, we will run four teams:
- u18A – will compete in the Herts Middlesex u18 Division One, the Herts Cup, the LV Cup, and the National Colts Cup.
- u18B – will compete in Herts Middlesex u18 Division Two, and the Herts Shield.
- u17A – will compete in the Herts Middlesex u17 Division One, the Herts Cup, and the National u17 Cup.
- u17B – will compete in the Herts Middlesex Division Two, and the Herts Shield.
8 total views, 2 views today